orkut facebook twitter digg.com sulekha.com

Fighting world hunger

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

My interview in CGPSC 2012


For CG PSC interviews, I could not find any experience shared on the web. Here is my experience with the PSC boards. Hope it would prove useful for future aspirants. In case you have any queries to be clarified, mail me at kvishwanathr@gmail.com.

There were 16 candidates for the Afternoon Session of 11 Nov 2014, all were made to sit in the document verification room. There were only two boards to take the interviews- so all of us were divided into two groups by random chit selection.

Regarding document verification- read the instructions sent by PSC carefully. There might be some necessities like having Semester (or Year)-Wise Marksheets instead of final Marksheet. However, if you could not manage to bring any of the required document, enough time would be provided to submit the same.

I was the first to be interviewed by M S Painkra sir's board. I was a bit nervous as my regional knowledge was little weak. I entered the room with 6 members and one empty chair in the front. Though my medium for the exam was English, It was, for the most part in Hindi. However,I was using English terms and often sentences which were difficult to explain in Hindi for me.    

Me: May I come in? I wished everyone with a single- Good afternoon.
CM: Please take your sit.
(He started with my name, residence, my work experience, etc. which made a little comfortable in the tensed situation.)

CM: Why you want to join Administrative Services?
(Suddenly I found, the formal interview has begun.)
Me: My answer was revolving around connecting with the people, larger motivation, changing the lives of thousands, etc.

CM: Do you know, the nature of the job in the Administrative Services? Everyday you will have different problems, frequent transfers!
Me: My answer was about my love for dynamism which breaks the monotonic routine...

CM: Are you aware with the problems of CG?
Me: My answer was a little descriptive covering developmental problems, infrastructural problems, healthcare, law and order problems including 'Naxalism' (I was caught with this key word, it was little scary again.)

CM: Do you think Naxalism is a law and order problem?
Me: My answer was a yes with a mix of other factors mainly developmental, economic, social disparity and social support.

CM: Why in northern Chhattisgarh region like Balrampur Naxal activities have been reduced? Do you think Naxalites are not getting social support there?
Me: My answer was justifying that Naxalism can be reduced if there are enough deterrents like establishment of police headquarters, citizen participation in the main stream society, etc.

CM: In Right to Information Act (RTI) 2005, what is an 'information'? Does it covers Jindal Steel Plant?
Me: My answer was very brief. Regarding it's application to Jindal Steel Plant, I was not sure and guessed no.

(It was over with Mr Chairman and other members took the charge one by one.)
M1: Who is the most famous mathematician in India?
Me: My answer gave credit to everyone from Aryabhatta to Ramanujan.

M1: Do you know about Guru Ghansidas?
Me: I gave the basic details, contribution, birthplace, etc. He asked me about his year of birth, which I could not answer.

M1: Who was Pt Sunderlal Sharma?
Me: I gave a brief details.

M1: What is IT Revolution? When was it started in India?
Me: My answer covered what is a revolution, Information Technology and then a mixed form with a little background in India from 1970s to 1990s.

(Next member took the charge here. He inquired about the company I am working.)
M2: Tell me how your Engineering background can be helpful in administration?
Me: My answer was about various projects, schemes, activities involving engineering basics and analysis.

M2: Tell me how you would ensure good quality in a road construction work?
Me: I covered different stages from tendering to final testing.

M2: What are PPP and CSR? Is CSR voluntary?
Me: I answered briefly with the binding provisions of CSR activities.

M2: India and China are being called by a term which we can find in the media often. Can you name it?
Me: Emerging Economy! (His appreciation was really helpful for me)

(Next member took the charge here. It was the time for some real googlies!)
M3: Often we come across many similar words like law and regulation, parampara and (not able to recall), sansktiti and (not able to recall), mulya and manyata and some more. Can you differentiate between them?
Me: Started one by one, found very difficult, finally gave up at mulya and manyata. (I was spared and was not bowled with extra balls.)


(Next member took the charge here. He had a very good knowledge and interest in Economics.)
M4: You talked about development. Can you define it?

M4: Can you differentiate Growth and Development?

M4: You might have heard about Sustainable Development. What is it?

M4: How a country is categorized as developing or developed?

M4: There are developed and developing countries, developed- means their development is over now. Do you think a country can be developed?
Me: My answer was about how a country is categorized as being developed which I had answered earlier.

M4: What are first, second and third world countries?
Me: I was wrong here in the differentiation. He gave me a long background during the cold war and about the book which first talked about it and then I was asked about the writer. I could not answer.

(Next member took the charge here. He was patiently hearing till now, so I was afraid a bit. He was very much interested in only one thing that why I want to leave a high paying job for administrative one.)
M5: Why you want to come to CG?
Me: I answer has points which I told to CM earlier. We had a little discussion about people working for social service. He was not convinced fully.

(My interview was over. I thanked them and left the room.)
The interview went for about 30 mins. Overall the board was very cordial and patient.
I got 95 marks in the interview with an overall rank of 25.



 

0 Comments:

Join Jaagore.com Voting Campaign